[Linux-cluster] Need help with Dell MD3000i and snapshots

Scott R. Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 18 10:58:43 UTC 2008

I purchased an MD3000i, purchased the snapshot premium feature, using the
MD Storage Manager partitioned space in a raid set for snapshots and
assigned said space for snapshots.   Now, of all Dell's documentation I
have, nothing tells me how to actually configure the allocated snapshot
space to take snapshots of any of the RAIDs I created (happen to be two x
RAID 5), schedule snapshots, or anything else.

How do I fully manage snapshots beyond allocating space for them?  I
happen to be using CentOS 5.2 (same as RHEL 5.2).

Thanks.

Scott