[Linux-cluster] Announce: GNBD 2.99.13 release

Tracy Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Tue Nov 18 18:27:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 03:42:38PM +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto spake thusly:
> iSCSI, AOE and probably others that are recognized by hw vendors as
> standard protocol for their products.

Let me chime in here with how AWESOME AoE is. It is a hugely
underrated technology with iSCSI getting all the buzz. I've been
wondering what can be done about this and haven't come up with much
yet. I have been using AoE with Xen and documenting my efforts here:

http://xenaoe.org

Still lots more to document but it's getting there.

AoE is SO much simpler than iSCSI. And faster. Once you learn how to
use it you will wonder why someone didn't come up with something like
this a long time ago. I don't make a dime off of AoE, I just save
money deploying it.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org