[Linux-cluster] RILOE and fencing

Stefano Biagiotti stefano.biagiotti at vola.it
Fri Oct 10 10:58:38 UTC 2008

I'm testing GFS on a 2-node cluster with CentOS-5. I'm succesfully
running qdiskd, cman, clvmd, gfs and the GFS filesystem is up and running
on both nodes, but I have some issues with fencing when I simulate a
network outage.

The stonith device on both nodes is Compaq RILOE (Remote Insight
Lights-Out Edition). The fence_ilo command doesn't work to me...
 # fence_ilo -a node2-riloe -l admin -p $password -o off
 failed to turn off

Is fence_ilo the correct tool to use with RILOE?

I found fence_rib, but the manpage says it's deprecated:
 Name
   fence_rib - I/O Fencing agent for Compaq Remote Insight Lights Out card
 Description
   fence_rib is deprecated. fence_ilo should be used instead
 See Also
   fence_ilo(8)

Thank you in advance.
--