[Linux-cluster] Re: Two node cluster, quorum disk?

Mark Wagner markwag at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 9 19:24:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 12:00:16PM -0400, linux-cluster-request at redhat.com wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, crypto grid wrote:
>
> > Hi all, can anyone tell me if it's mandatory the use of a quorum disk on a
> > two node cluster.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/CMAN#quorumdiskneeded

That answer may need a little editing since it seems to be saying two
different things.

	Note that if you configure a quorum disk/partition, you want
	two_node="1" or expected_votes="2" since the quorum disk solves
	the voting imbalance. You want two_node="0" and expected_votes="3"
	(or nodes + 1 if it's not a two-node cluster).

--
Mark Wagner <markwag at u.washington.edu>
System Administrator, UW Medicine IT Services