[Linux-cluster] Monitoring services/customize failure criteria

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Thu Sep 11 08:43:51 UTC 2008

Thanks for the excellent response, I have just a few follow up
questions.

Just for clarification, if I use a script resource will the same script
be used with a status parameter to check the status of the resource?

Where is the frequency specified for health checking of the resource
whether it be a custom script of apache? If we want to check health
every second where can I set this frequency? I have used luci web
interface up until now to do my configs with and have not seen anywhere
yet where I can set frequency of health checks.

I kind of expected a more complex frame work for health checking but
from my understanding of your reply it seems very simple by just
requiring the starting script to respond to status requests.

There is a script in /usr/share/cluster/script.sh which looks like it
contains some of my answers but I am not sure where this would be used.

Regards