[Linux-cluster] Monitoring services/customize failure criteria

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Thu Sep 11 15:41:38 UTC 2008

> Just for clarification, if I use a script resource will the
> same script be used with a status parameter to check the
> status of the resource?
>
> Where is the frequency specified for health checking of the
> resource whether it be a custom script of apache? If we want
> to check health every second where can I set this frequency?
> I have used luci web interface up until now to do my configs
> with and have not seen anywhere yet where I can set frequency
> of health checks.
>
> I kind of expected a more complex frame work for health
> checking but from my understanding of your reply it seems
> very simple by just requiring the starting script to respond
> to status requests.
>
> There is a script in /usr/share/cluster/script.sh which looks
> like it contains some of my answers but I am not sure where
> this would be used.
>
> Regards

I have been reading:
/usr/share/doc/rgmanager-2.0.38/README

<quote>
The resource manager is a daemon which provides failover of user-defined
resource collected into groups.
</quote>

This at first glance looked to be my answer, however after reading the
whole document I am still not clear on where I can actually customize
frequency of resource checking.

Regards