[Linux-cluster] Cluster failed detection

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Fri Sep 12 13:03:49 UTC 2008

Hi Bruno,
I am quite new to the redhat cluster suite myself but I will try to
explain.

Detecting whether the cluster has failed will depend on how many nodes
you have setup and how you have configured them. I would suggest reading
up more on quoroms and failover domains in the documentation which will
explain better than I would.

With regards to individual service on a cluster, the script that is
called to start the service if it is a software service will be called
with a status parameter which will tell the cluster whether it is in
good condition or not. There is more customizable fields in these
scripts in embedded xml files( it would probably have been more logical
to put them in a conf directory...) that can be customized. The scripts
I am talking about is the standard scripts that come with the cluster
software and can be found in:
/usr/share/cluster

I hope this helps.

Regards