[Linux-cluster] rgmanager dies when starting cman service

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Fri Sep 12 15:39:08 UTC 2008

Hi
When I start my rgmanager service it dies the moment cman is started up.
If I then start it again it works fine. I am not sure if rgmanager logs
anywhere, there is certainly nothing in my messages log or in
cluster.log which is created by
 <rm log_facility="local4" log_level="7"> in my cluster.

The machine is up to date and have the latest pathces installed.

Could it be a DLM problem? I saw some messages relating to dlm problems
between rgmanager and cman but not sure whether it is my problem too.

I straced rgmanager and got the following which I thought relevent:
[pid 31533] write(2, "failed acquiring lockspace: Tran"..., 64) = 64

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards