[Linux-cluster] Fwd: GFS volume hangs on 3 nodes after gfs_grow

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 20:46:50 UTC 2008

----- "Alan A" <alan.zg at gmail.com> wrote:
| gfs_sda1     1   1   0 wz--n- 10.00G 5.00G
|   gfs_sdb1     1   1   0 wz--n- 10.00G 3.50G
|
| The vg's are not enabled with the cluster bit. I am sorry for not
| being more
| informative on LVM. If I enable cluster bit with vgchange -c command
| would
| that convert the volumes to cluster volume group, or should I start
| by
| blowing them away?

Hi Alan,

It's perfectly fine to enable the clustered bit with vgchange -cy,
and that flags the entire vg and all the lvs inside it.
You should probably unmount-then-mount the gfs file system on all
the nodes after that, just to be safe.  I don't think you need to
remount on the node that did the gfs_grow though.

The missing clustered bit is probably the cause of all your grief,
so I wouldn't bother opening a ticket, unless you can recreate
the failure with the clustered bit on, after umount-then-mount.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS