[Linux-cluster] adding volume to cluster

Terry Davis terrybdavis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:59:03 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am having a heck of a time getting a volume to show up in my cluster.  I
have a feeling I am doing something wrong but this isn't the first one I've
added so I'm not sure where I got lucky before.  Here is what I've done thus
far in my 2 node RHEL5 cluster:

1) Created my volume in my SAN and gave both nodes access to it
2) on node A: created 4TB partition with parted and made a gpt label
3) on node A: pvcreate /dev/sdc1
4) on node B: vgcreate vg_data01e /dev/sdc1
5) on both nodes: vgchange -a y
6) on node A: lvcreate -n lv_data01e vg_data01e

I get the error:
  Error locking on node omadvnfs01b: Volume group for uuid not found:
p9SfIjriPtXY33G1Yi3YdojvAAAzmAuwlOLqhVzX8mqL6goiVmUAgQZLGcDnX324
  Error locking on node omadvnfs01a: Volume group for uuid not found:
p9SfIjriPtXY33G1Yi3YdojvAAAzmAuwlOLqhVzX8mqL6goiVmUAgQZLGcDnX324
  Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.

I tried restarting clvmd for good measure.  Still no luck.  What am I doing
wrong?