[Linux-cluster] Re: adding volume to cluster

Terry Davis terrybdavis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 22:33:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Terry Davis <terrybdavis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a heck of a time getting a volume to show up in my cluster.  I
> have a feeling I am doing something wrong but this isn't the first one I've
> added so I'm not sure where I got lucky before.  Here is what I've done thus
> far in my 2 node RHEL5 cluster:
>
> 1) Created my volume in my SAN and gave both nodes access to it
> 2) on node A: created 4TB partition with parted and made a gpt label
> 3) on node A: pvcreate /dev/sdc1
> 4) on node B: vgcreate vg_data01e /dev/sdc1
> 5) on both nodes: vgchange -a y
> 6) on node A: lvcreate -n lv_data01e vg_data01e
>
> I get the error:
>   Error locking on node omadvnfs01b: Volume group for uuid not found:
> p9SfIjriPtXY33G1Yi3YdojvAAAzmAuwlOLqhVzX8mqL6goiVmUAgQZLGcDnX324
>   Error locking on node omadvnfs01a: Volume group for uuid not found:
> p9SfIjriPtXY33G1Yi3YdojvAAAzmAuwlOLqhVzX8mqL6goiVmUAgQZLGcDnX324
>   Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.
>
> I tried restarting clvmd for good measure.  Still no luck.  What am I doing
> wrong?

I found something else peculiar:

on node A:
[root at omadvnfs01a ~]# lvmdiskscan
  /dev/sdc1                  [        4.00 TB] LVM physical volume

on node B:
[root at omadvnfs01b ~]# lvmdiskscan
  /dev/sdh1                  [        3.81 TB] LVM physical volume

Not sure how they could be different sizes.  I don't see any references in
/dev/mapper either.  Shouldn't those be created with the VG?

Thanks!