[Linux-cluster] GFS performance.

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Mon Apr 20 19:03:56 UTC 2009

This brings up an interesting question for me....We can 6 machines that
host a bunch of virtual machines.  I'd like to put the virtual machines
on a shared SAN disk.  If one of the physical machines goes down,
another one will take over and host a virtual machine.

Does it make sense to use GFS to manage the SAN then?  IF the 4x
slowdown is there, then this may not be the way to go.