[Linux-cluster] Cluster Monitoring

Allen Sanabria asanabria at linuxdynasty.org
Sat Aug 29 23:36:07 UTC 2009

Not sure if this went through the 1st time...

For those of you who need to monitor your RedHat Clusters. I created a
new Check command that works under Zenoss or Nagios, that will monitor
your cluster through snmp.

You will need pysnmp and pyasn1 python modules for this command to work,
but I felt it was better then using a check by ssh command..

Here is the link if you want to try it out...
http://www.linuxdynasty.org/howto-monitor-redhat-cluster-using-snmp-and-python.html

I also created the equivalent of a clustat command using python and
snmp, so you do not have to be logged into a node in the cluster to run
it...

Code:
[root at gfs1 python]# python rh_cluster_check.py -d gfs3 -c public -t cluster
WARNING, MyCluster is Quorate and Some services not running

[root at gfs1 python]# python rh_cluster_check.py -d gfs1 -c public -t
service -s CIM
OK, CIM is running on gfs1

[root at gfs1 python]# python rh_cluster_check.py -d gfs1 -c public -t node
-n "gfs3"
OK, gfs3 is Participating in cluster

clustat_snmp.py -d gfs1 -c public
Cluster Status for MyCluster @ Fri Aug 28 11:59:40 2009
Member Status: Quorate
Total Nodes:  3
Total Votes:  5
Votes Needed For Quorum:  3

Member Name                               Status
------ ----                               ------
gfs1                                      Participating in cluster
gfs2                                      Participating in cluster
gfs3                                      Participating in cluster

Service Name                              Owner
State                   Start Up Mode
Pirahna
stopped                 automatic
CIM                                       gfs1
running                 automatic