[Linux-cluster] validity error

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 11:36:53 UTC 2009

On 11/12/09 11:21, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:24:49 +0000, Christine Caulfield wrote
>> On 11/12/09 10:21, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
>>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:58:38 +0000, Christine Caulfield wrote

> interleave

> problems.

> keyfile="/etc/cluster/cman_authkey"/>

> rewrite the
> interface

>>> when starting the cluster i get just warnings, but updating the config and
>>> using cman_tool version -r cman doesn't reload it, so i am forced to fix my
>>> errors :)

> move it

>>> The cluster is not a production one, so it is OK and am looking for the
>>> correct end result. My question was actually 'Is encription key valid/used
>>> only from<totem>   section or in<cman>   too as described in cluster.rng file'.
>>>
>>> Multicast and keyfile are present in both<cman>   and<totem>   ... i guess
>>> <totem>   is the preferred one for future compatibility?
>>>

>> Confusingly, multicast must be part of<cman>  and keyfile should be part
>> of<totem>.
>>
>> That's just how it is, sorry ;-)
>>

> Thanks. The validation schema should be updated then, as it allows keyfile in
> cman too (fixed in my copy and could provide a patch).

Hmm. I am totally wrong. Very sorry. keyfile IS allowed in cluster3, it
overrides the one assigned in totem. In which case I'm not sure why it's
failing to validate on your system.

The schema is a bit of a work-in-progress at the moment, which is why it
warns rather than fails if it finds an error. Did it work when you
removed keyfile ?

> I still can't find how do i specify per node interface. There is interface
> allowed only in<totem>  section while most of the nodes have (and use) bond0,
> for one of them i need to specify different interface for cluster
> communication. Is per node interface attribute missed from the validation
> schema or is removed completely?

cman always binds to the address of the host given as a node name. see

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/CMAN#cman_heartbeat_nic

Chrissie