[Linux-cluster] openais on RHEL 5.4 and broadcast?

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sun Dec 20 21:36:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 23:40 +0100, Jakov Sosic wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 17:17 +0100, Jakov Sosic wrote:
>
> > I've found in cman(5) that openais settings from /etc/ais/openais.conf
> > are ignored if openais is started by ccs_tool, and that I have to set
> > properties for totem in cluster.conf. But how could I do that? Beacause
> > there is no example in the man page :(
>
> I see no one is answering this one... So maybe I should put another
> questions at stake.
>
> Who is running aisexec? ccsd? And where can I get source of the current
> cluster suite? I'll take a look into the source I will hopefully find a
> way to set up broadcasting?

The developers get alot of mail.  It was probably missed.  My apologies.

When using cman, you can specify totem parameters in the cluster.conf
file.  The man page on rhel5.4 may be out of date.  I can't recommend
broadcast, but to use it in cman, add <totem broadcast="yes"> inside the
cluster block.  From the current man page:

Other openais parameters
              When  openais  is  started by cman (cman_tool runs aisexec), the
              openais.conf file  is  not  used.   Many  of  the  configuration
              parameters  listed  in  openais.conf  can be set in cluster.conf
              (CCS) instead.  Cman  will  read  openais  parameters  from  the
              following sections in cluster.conf and load them into openais:

                <cluster>
                  <totem />
                  <logging />
                  <event />
                  <aisexec />
                  <group />
                </cluster>

              See  the  openais.conf(5)  man page for more information on keys
              that are valid for these sections.  Note that  settings  in  the
              <clusternodes>  section  will  override settings in the sections
              above, and options on the cman_tool command line  will  override
              both.   In  particular,  settings  like  bindnetaddr, mcastaddr,
              mcastport and nodeid  will  always  be  replaced  by  values  in
              <clusternodes>.

              Cman  uses different defaults for some of the openais parameters
              listed in openais.conf(5).  If you wish  to  use  a  non-default
              setting,  they can be configured in cluster.conf as shown above.
              Cman uses the following default values:

                <totem
                  vsftype="none"
                  token="10000"
                  token_retransmits_before_loss_const="20"
                  join="60"
                  consensus="4800"
                  rrp_mode="none"
                  <!-- or rrp_mode="active" if altnames are present >
                />
                <logging syslog_facility="local4" />
                <aisexec user="root" group="root" />

              Here’s how to set the token timeout to five seconds:

                <totem token="5000"/>

              And this is how to add extra openais logging options to CMAN and
              CPG:

                <logging to_stderr="yes">
                  <logger ident="CPG" debug="on" to_stderr="yes">
                  </logger>
                  <logger ident="CMAN" debug="on" to_stderr="yes">
                  </logger>
                </logging>