[Linux-cluster] qdisk on iscsi

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Mon Feb 16 14:54:25 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 12:56:11 Brett Cave wrote:
> What errors do you get in your logs? Im running qdisk on a shared FC
> resource, but did initially have errors, if you could send through
> logs and cluster.conf
On a shared FC resource it works just fine. I just figured out that it runs
when I'm using iscsi-target http://sourceforge.net/projects/iscsitarget/
whereas with scsi-tgt (provided by Redhat) or with NetApp ISCSI
Implementation it does not (after the first node joins the fence_domain it
stucks in JOIN_START_WAIT).

I don't think that the cluster.conf helps very much because it works when I
change the iscsi implementation everything works just fine.
The relevant part is as follows:

  <cman expected_votes="3" two_node="0"/>
  <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3" clean_start="1"/>
  <quorumd interval="3" tko="9" votes="1" label="qdiskl"/>
  <totem token="54000"/>

I was wandering if the qdisk requires special scsi functionality which I doubt
but wanted to be sure. Or anybody else experianced a strange behaviour when
using qdisk on iSCSI.

Lon, perhaps you could just comment on this shortly.

--
Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/