[Linux-cluster] qdisk on iscsi

Matthew Kent matt at bravenet.com
Mon Feb 16 19:53:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 15:54 +0100, Marc Grimme wrote:
> On a shared FC resource it works just fine. I just figured out that it runs
> when I'm using iscsi-target http://sourceforge.net/projects/iscsitarget/
> whereas with scsi-tgt (provided by Redhat) or with NetApp ISCSI
> Implementation it does not (after the first node joins the fence_domain it
> stucks in JOIN_START_WAIT).

Certainly odd that one implementation would work and another wouldn't.

> I was wandering if the qdisk requires special scsi functionality which I doubt
> but wanted to be sure. Or anybody else experianced a strange behaviour when
> using qdisk on iSCSI.

Didn't encounter any issues in setting up RHEL 5.3's qdisk against
iscsitarget and equallogic targets.

Are you able to use a regular target off the NetApp on the same server
outside of qdisk? Have it available and mounted on boot etc.
--
Matthew Kent \ SA \ bravenet.com