[Linux-cluster] two nodes can't see eachother.

Daniela Anzellotti daniela.anzellotti at roma1.infn.it
Thu Feb 26 12:31:09 UTC 2009

Hi Vincent,

as far as I know, the nodes talk each other using multicast.
It looks like they are connected by something (a switch?) which doesn't
allow multicast to pass.
May be you could try to connect the nodes using a simple HUB... if it
works then that was the problem.

Cheers,
Daniela

Vincent VIAL wrote:
> I set up a two nodes cluster (centos 5.2) but I've got the following
> probleme...
>
> Here is my cluster.conf file :
>
> [root at master ~]# cat /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <cluster alias="cluster2" config_version="6" name="cluster2">
>       <fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="0"
> post_join_delay="3"/>
>       <clusternodes>
>               <clusternode name="noeud01.cluster" nodeid="1" votes="1">
>                       <fence/>
>               </clusternode>
>               <clusternode name="master.cluster" nodeid="2" votes="1">
>                       <fence/>
>               </clusternode>
>       </clusternodes>
>       <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
>       <fencedevices/>
>       <rm>
>               <failoverdomains/>
>               <resources/>
>       </rm>
> </cluster>
>
>  From the node master.cluster, the clustat command shows this :
> [root at master ~]# clustat
> Cluster Status for cluster2 @ Wed Feb 25 23:24:21 2009
> Member Status: Quorate
>
> Member Name                             ID   Status
> ------ ----                             ---- ------
> noeud01.cluster                             1 Offline
> master.cluster                              2 Online, Local
>

> And from the node noeud01.cluster, the clustat command shows this :
> [root at noeud01 ~]# clustat
> Cluster Status for cluster2 @ Wed Feb 25 23:26:17 2009
> Member Status: Quorate
>
> Member Name                             ID   Status
> ------ ----                             ---- ------
> noeud01.cluster                             1 Online, Local
> master.cluster                              2 Offline
>
> I can successfully ping noeud01.cluster from master.cluster and
> master.cluster from noeud01.cluster
>
> I don't understand what the two nodes can't see eachother.
>

> Thanks for your help;
> Best regards
>
> Vincent

  INFN Roma - tel.: +39.06.49914282 - fax: +39.06.490354
  e-mail: daniela.anzellotti at roma1.infn.it