[Linux-cluster] two nodes can't see eachother.

Vincent VIAL vincent at vial.tv
Thu Feb 26 11:12:52 UTC 2009

I set up a two nodes cluster (centos 5.2) but I've got the following
probleme...

Here is my cluster.conf file :

[root at master ~]# cat /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster alias="cluster2" config_version="6" name="cluster2">
       <fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="0"
post_join_delay="3"/>
       <clusternodes>
               <clusternode name="noeud01.cluster" nodeid="1" votes="1">
                       <fence/>
               </clusternode>
               <clusternode name="master.cluster" nodeid="2" votes="1">
                       <fence/>
               </clusternode>
       </clusternodes>
       <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
       <fencedevices/>
       <rm>
               <failoverdomains/>
               <resources/>
       </rm>
</cluster>

 From the node master.cluster, the clustat command shows this :
[root at master ~]# clustat
Cluster Status for cluster2 @ Wed Feb 25 23:24:21 2009
Member Status: Quorate

Member Name                             ID   Status
------ ----                             ---- ------
noeud01.cluster                             1 Offline
master.cluster                              2 Online, Local

And from the node noeud01.cluster, the clustat command shows this :
[root at noeud01 ~]# clustat
Cluster Status for cluster2 @ Wed Feb 25 23:26:17 2009
Member Status: Quorate

Member Name                             ID   Status
noeud01.cluster                             1 Online, Local
master.cluster                              2 Offline

I can successfully ping noeud01.cluster from master.cluster and
master.cluster from noeud01.cluster

I don't understand what the two nodes can't see eachother.

Thanks for your help;
Best regards

Vincent