[Linux-cluster] Trouble adding back in an old node

Vernard C. Martin vcmarti at sph.emory.edu
Tue Jan 27 17:29:54 UTC 2009

>> <?xml version="2.0"?>
>> <cluster alias="rsph_centos_5" config_version="41" name="rsph_centos_5">
>>        <fence_daemon clean_start="1" post_fail_delay="30"
>> post_join_delay="90"/>
>>   [ ... lines deleted for brevity ... ]
>>        <cman/>

> You have a <cman/> to close the cman stanza in cluster.conf, but no
> actual <cman parameter1=1 parameter2=2> to open it.  Is this correct?
>
> The cman stanza is where you would define expected_votes on the
> cluster, so not having this present is perhaps the reason why ccsd
> believes the cluster is inquorate?
thanks. I didn't see that.  I've been using the GUI tools to manipulate
the cluster.conf file so that I could hopefully avoid omissions just
like this one. Since obviously that isn't working, it seem to me that
I'm going to have to shut all the cluster services down, edit the
clutser.conf file by hand, propagate it out there. or is there a quicker
way to do that with cman_tool or somesuch?

Thanks in advance

--
Vernard Martin 	Applications Developer/Analyst
Email: vcmarti at sph.emory.edu 	Desk:404.727.2076