[Linux-cluster] Problem with NDB Engine (Dropping tables automatically with show tables)

Sammut, Etienne, VF-MT Etienne.Sammut at vodafone.com
Thu Jan 29 12:45:58 UTC 2009

Hi Guys/Gals

I have a problem with my cluster. I am creating a Database and creating
some tables in it. I am using NDB disk based tables. The database
consists of about 7 tables.

When I create the tables and then perform a show table command all the
tables are dropped L

I tried to create the tables no disk based and the same thing happened.
When creating the tables using MYISAM engine the problem does not
happen.

Also I noticed that the show tables does not drop the tables if only for
example 4 of the tables. Thus I thought that it was some sort of problem
with max attributes parameters, I tried to increase the param but the
problem occurred just the same.

I am using mysql-5.1.29 ndb-6.3.19

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Etienne Sammut

Vodafone Life is Now

This email is intended only for the use of individuals to whom it is addressed, as it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not a named addressee, intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the named addressee, be advised that you have received this email in error and that you should not disseminate, distribute, print, copy this mail or otherwise divulge its contents. In such instances, please notify Vodafone Malta Limited on telephone number +356 99999247 and delete this email from your system. Since this transmission was affected via email, Vodafone Malta Limited cannot guarantee that it is secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Vodafone Malta Limited does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.

Save the environment for our children - Print e-mail only when necessary.