[Linux-cluster] gfs2_quotad kthread

Juan Ramon Martin Blanco robejrm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:03:29 UTC 2009

Hi folks!

Now that developers (many thanks!) have corrected the issue that made
gfs2_quotad to stay in an uninterruptible state (so it was got into account
when calculating system load), I have another question: if quotas are
disabled by default, why is this kthread started? Is there any way of
avoiding it to start? It starts even if I mount the fs explicitely with the
quota=off option (even if it's supposed to be the default option).
It's a bit annoying, although I think it does not harm the system, but I
have as many gfs2_quotad kthreads as mounted filesystem (usually a lot, more
than 50).

Thanks in advance,
Juanra