[Linux-cluster] gfs2_quotad kthread

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 15:11:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

You can't avoid it starting. It does other things aside from quotas
although its workload is pretty light. It might be possible in the
future to avoid having quite so many threads (I've already got rid of a
number of them) but its not very high priority.

It maybe that some of the work could be pushed off to a workqueue, or
the slow-work subsystem instead,

Steve.