[Linux-cluster] Trying to locate the bottleneck

Raymond Setchfield rsetchfield at xcalibre.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 15:13:23 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

I am trying to locate ip_conntrack_max within CentOS 5.3 but it doesn't
appear to be where I expect it to be. I have googled for this and from
what I have read it should be located within

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

Which is where I thought it would be but unfortunately it isn't.

Here is some output

[root at loadbalancer-01 ~]# grep conn /proc/slabinfo
ip_vs_conn             0      0    128   30    1 : tunables  120   60
8 : slabdata      0      0      0

[root at loadbalancer-01 ~]# rpm -qa | grep kernel
kernel-headers-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5
kernel-devel-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5
kernel-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5

[root at loadbalancer-01 ~]# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max
cat: /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max: No such file or
directory

I have also checked within  /etc/sysctl.conf and nothing.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Raymond