[Linux-cluster] CLVMD without GFS

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 15:19:56 UTC 2009

Well,

Pointless, I'm not sure as you take advantage of having all the other nodes
in the cluster updated if a LVM metadata is modified by the node holding the
VG.

Second point, HA-LVM aka hosttags has, IMHO, a security problem as anyone
could modify the hosttag on a VG without any problem (no locking mechanisms
as CLVM).

I have nothing against Clustered FS, but in my specific case, I have to host
serveral Sybase Dataservers on some clusters, and the only acceptable option
for my DBA's is to use raw devices.

I never meant to combine HA-LVM and CLVM, I consider them mutualy exclusive.

Regards