[Linux-Cluster] Submitting two new resource plugins to the project

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 20:11:51 UTC 2009

2009/6/2 Jonathan Brassow <jbrassow at redhat.com>

> On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Rafael Micó Miranda wrote:
>
>  This can be fixed with some of the options of LVM, specifically the
>> "enable exclusively flag". This flag, when used over a cluster-enabled
>> volume, will allow the VolumeGroup to be imported by all the nodes of
>> the cluster but the LogicalVolumes into the VolumeGroup can only be
>> activated by a single node. So, only one node of your cluster will have
>> the LogicalVolume device (for example /dev/VolGrp01/LogVol01) and the
>> problem explained above cannot happen. This is not about propagating the
>> "open flag" through the nodes, this is about making the LogicalVolume be
>> in only one node.
>>

> This is different from the current approach.  We would likely take this if
> it is cleaner, better, or more advantageous than the current solution.
>
> Current solution is described here:
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-3068
>
>  brassow

Hello,

Isn't it how it is supposed to work, the exclusive flag standing for that ?

>From what I saw on other systems, especially on HP-UX from which Linux LVM
was much inspired, on a cluster, when activating exclusively (vgchange -ae
VGxx ) a VG on a node, the exclusive flag is set on the VG preventing the
other nodes from activating the volume as long as the holding node is alive.

Brem