[Linux-cluster] Redhat Lists Question

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 01:37:52 UTC 2009

Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Sorry, not related to clustering, but can anybody point me at the best
> Redhat list to post suggested patches to? I just wrote a (RHEL5
> specific) patch aimed at laptops with (cheap) SSDs that aims to reduce
> the number of disk writes and prolong flash life. I looked at the list
> of lists here:

> and it looks like there could be several relevant ones, but I'm not sure
> which ones are deprecated and no longer used. Can anybody please advise?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Gordan

Ideally, you want to post the patch to the upstream component.
Posting it to the Red Hat Bugzilla under the approriate component would also help.
http://bugzilla.redhat.com

For RHEL5, the discussion list is:

SSDs typically work under SATA chipsets - so libata
http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

-regards
Subhendu
--