[Linux-cluster] Redhat Lists Question

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jun 10 08:27:49 UTC 2009

Subhendu Ghosh wrote:

> Ideally, you want to post the patch to the upstream component.

Thanks for responding. It's mostly an initscript patch that checks if
for file systems mounted on tmpfs (e.g. if we put /var/lock, /var/run or
similar there to save hitting the disk) and saves and restores subtree
structure (if changed) at shutdown and startup. It saves about 100-200
writes on startup/shutdown.

I thought init scripts are pretty distro specific, and since this is
mostly an init script patch...

> Posting it to the Red Hat Bugzilla under the approriate component would also help.
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com

It's not a bug fix, it's a feature addition.