[Linux-cluster] Running additional scripts at service startup

Ian Hayes cthulhucalling at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:44:09 UTC 2009

HI all...

I've been given the task of setting up a cluster for a service that we run
here. The init script for the service calls an outside Perl script to do
some administrative tasks once the daemon is started up. The script must be
run as a different user so in the init script we have "su - someuser -c
adminscript.pl". This all works fine if we start the daemon manually, but it
doesn't appear that the script is running or it's failing whenever it is
being started up via the cluster. Is there some magic foo that I'm missing?