[Linux-cluster] Strange directory listing

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 13:47:03 UTC 2009

----- "Jeff Sturm" <jeff.sturm at eprize.com> wrote:
| We keep Lucene search indexes on a GFS storage volume, mounted
| cluster-wide. This way each cluster node can perform a search, or
| append the search index with new content. Works great.
|
| Funny thing is, when I list the directory containing the search index,
| I sometimes see output like the following:
|
| $ ls -l
| total 600

What level of GFS driver is this?  Are you up2date or running a
recent level?  Because we had problems like this a long time ago,
but they've since been fixed.  For example, bugzilla bug #222299,
circa 2007.  The thing to do is "stat _2931.f3" on all nodes in
the cluster and see if the "Inode" value is the same on all nodes.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS