[Linux-cluster] Strange directory listing

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Fri Mar 6 17:49:07 UTC 2009

We aren't running Red Hat.  We have:

CentOS release 5.2 (Final)
kmod-gfs-0.1.23-5.el5

> The thing to do is "stat
> _2931.f3" on all nodes in the cluster and see if the "Inode"
> value is the same on all nodes.

The rogue files don't stay around long enough to stat() on all nodes.
My assumption is that these are files just created or in the process of
being destroyed, and I don't see them in two successive "ls -l"
commands.

I wasn't too concerned since this doesn't seem to have any negative
impact on the application, but was curious nonetheless.

Thanks,

Jeff