[Linux-cluster] fence device LOM

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Mar 10 12:34:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:06:00 +0100, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:

[SUN FIRE X2200 M2 as a fenceing device]

> If its possible, How it can be configured? I think this is a a serial
> device, but I´m not sure. And if I´m right where must I plug the serial
> wire? I´m a bit lost with this device

Sounds like your first task is to figure out how to use it. Once you've
done that, it should be pretty obvious what you have to make the fencing
agent do.

If it's serial, you'll either need a network->serial switch of some sort,
or if you only have two machines, you can cross connect the serial port on
one to the LOM port on the other (assuming you have serial ports on those,
which may not be the case). Having said that, AFAIK most of the recent
machines come with both serial and LAN LOM, so you should be able to use
the latter without any additional complications.

Gordan