[Linux-cluster] IP monitor_link timeout

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Wed Mar 18 06:35:19 UTC 2009

Hi!

I was wondering if there be a way to increase the timeout of the IP
address link monitor check. In my cluster setup, it takes abt 30 seconds
to relocate a failed service to another node (or, alternatively, restart
it on the same node); now, if a network link is down for, say, 25
seconds, it doesn't make much sense to relocate the service, especially
as I'll have to find a time to migrate the service back to the original
node.

I could disable the monitor_link option completely, I guess, but if the
network interface on one node really fails, it'd be nice to have the
service relocate automatically to another node. (The node won't
necessarily be kicked from the cluster at such a situation, since the
cluster token traffic is via another network interface.)

Thanks for any advice.

Janne Peltonen
IT dept
University of Helsinki