[Linux-cluster] rhcs x iptables

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu Mar 26 19:07:21 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I have a Fedora 10 system with two KVM virtual machines, both running RHEL 5.2 and RHCS. The intent
is to prototype a cluster configuration for a customer.

The problem is, everything is fine unless I start iptables on the VMs. But it's unacceptable to run
the cluster without am OS-level firewall. The ports list on rhcs manuals, on the cluster project
wiki, and what I observe using netstat do not agree. None of them talks about port 5149 which I
observe being opened by aisexec (cman). And I don't see any use of ports 41966 through 41968 which
are supposed to be opened my rgmanager or 5404 by cman.

But even after I changed my iptables config to open all ports, I still canot relocate or failover
services between nodes.

I configured apache as a script service to play with cluster administration. My vms are on the
default KVM network, 192.168.122./24.

It's very strange system-config-cluster on node 1 shows both nodes (cs1 and cs2) joined the cluster
and starts my teste-httpd service, but node 2 doesn't show the status of any cluster service (on
system-config-cluster).

If I try to use clusvnadm to relocate the service from cs1 to cs2, it hangs. And I can't stop
rgmanager with iptables enabled. Flushing iptables doesn't help when cman and rgmanager were started
with iptables on.

Attached are my cluster.conf, /etc/sysconfig/iptables and netstat -anp

[]s, Fernando Lozano