[Linux-cluster] rhcs x iptables

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Tue Mar 31 14:16:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

Four days and no replies... maybe you folks don't like me as the list
has a healthy trafic on other topics ;-)

Is there anything with my setup that shouldn't work? The problem is not
with VMs because I tried the same configs with two real Dell servers and
got the same problems. My iptables rules follow what's in RHCS manuals
and wiki, and I found nothing new with netstat -a.

Even them rgmanager only works correctly with iptables turned off (that
is, iptables -F). If I start iptables (service iptables start) and then
try to start cman and rgmanager, it won't work to flush iptables rules,
I am forced to power off because rgmanager won't work and won't stop.

My setup is simple: no clvm, no gfs, no gnbd. Just rgmanager and an http
service configured as a script and an ip resource. But with iptables on,
rgmanager won't relocate or failover the http service. More strange,
system-config-cluster shows the service status only on the first node,
on the second one it shows an emply service list.

What can I do to debug the problem, as my /var/log/messages don't show
any error messages, just what apears to be a regular two-node cluster
startup?

[]s, Fernando Lozano