[Linux-cluster] Question about controlling the start of services with RIND

Theophanis Kontogiannis theophanis_kontogiannis at yahoo.gr
Sat May 2 12:15:00 UTC 2009

Hello Lon and All,

Thank you for your answer. It helps to start getting somewhere.

Is there any place I can get all the possible options for RIND and
cluster.conf?

Anyway, I did not made clear that in my two cluster node, the storage
service for node 1 is different then the storage service for node 2.

Both start it since both mount a GFS2 filesystem.

Some of the other services have as preferred node 1, and some have as
preffered node 2.

If I put as depend="storage-t1" on a service that should start on node t1,
how would the service behave if node t1 never boots, but the service is
configured to start on node t2 as second choice?

The service will start anyway?

Is there any way to put multiple dependencies for the service in an OR way,
like

<service name="foo" depend="Storage-t1" depend="Storage-t2"...>
</service>

So if either node has started and if either storage service has started, the
service will start?

I am attaching my cluster.conf to make my point more clear, and referring to
service Apache-t1-t2.

Thank you All four your time.