[Linux-cluster] 2 node qdiskd cluster gave "Quorum Dissolved"

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Sun May 3 03:59:38 UTC 2009

Hi

I have a 2 node qdiskd cluster (OS is RHES 5.0) with
2x heartbeat cross cables between the 2 nodes

Currently we manually issue the following commands
to start the cluster services in the sequence below :
a) cd /etc/init.d
b) ./cman start
c) ./clvmd ...
d) ./qdiskd ...
e) ./rgmanager ...

& on the primary node, issue "clusvcadm ..... Oracle_Service"
to start oracle services which will also mount the SAN partition.

Occasionally, we ran into the error below & cluster breaks on
both nodes (ie SAN partition unmounted on both and Oracle
services stopped on both) :

lurgmgrd[5843]: <emerg> #1: Quorum Dissolved

What's wrong?

Usually when this happens, I could usually make the first node
rejoin the cluster + mount the SAN partition but the 2nd node
usually can't rejoin the cluster/mount SAN and has to be rebooted
and reissued with the commands a-e for it to rejoin the cluster.
Thanks for any insights