[Linux-cluster] finalization of plans for 1.0 of Corosync/OpenAIS

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri May 8 05:40:54 UTC 2009

As we enter our final stages to 1.0, I believe most of the services are
in solid shape.   If you find defects in any software, please file a
bugzilla against fedora 11 as soon as possible so we know where we
stand.  Assign them to sdake at redhat.com and I will triage them to the
appropriate owners.

The final work remaining before tree freeze occurs is below.

Corosync:
1) some additions of warning codes to the configure.ac and removal of
produced warnings
2) rediff of old totemsrp patch, which I rediffed yesterday/today, and
deleted accidentally GRR
3) Finalization of Andrew's prioritization patch required for Pacemaker
4) Possibly some rework around shutdown that Chrissie may be working on
5) sync v2

Once #2, #3, #5 hit the tree, the flatiron branch will be created and
frozen to any feature development.  After that, we will enter a 2 week
release candidate phase where we will resolve defects that are reported
in bugzilla.

Therefore, it is _critical_ to report bugs in bugzilla ASAP if unrelated
to the above development.

OpenAIS:
1) LCK service
2) MSG Service saftest verification
3) LCK service saftest verification

Once #1, #2, #3 hit the tree, a branch will be created and that branch
will be frozen to feature development.  Same rc window applies.

Our current dates are:
May 15 - Corosync branch
June 1 - Corosync 1.0 released

June 1 - OpenAIS branch