[Linux-cluster] SEMI OT. Synchronizing jboss cache dir.

Juan Ramon Martin Blanco robejrm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:20:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/9/1 Juan Ramon Martin Blanco <robejrm at gmail.com>
>

>> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> First, sorry if this can be considered Off Topic but my first aproach was
>>> using clustering to my problem so I suposse you could have the same problem.
>>>
>>> I have 2 computers running JBoss and I need to share a directory for the
>>> cache (I use OSCache).
>>>
>>> First I try to use a NFS service on a Red hat Cluster ( I use this
>>> reference
>>> http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Configuration_Example_-_NFS_Over_GFS/index.html
>>> )
>>>

>> Do you have a shared storage? If the answer is yes, just use gfs and mount
>> the filesystem on both machines.
>>

> Nop, I haven´t but your answer makes me a new question. Can I use GFS
> directly without making a cluster?
> I mean can I attach the iSCSI devices for example, and mount a GFS
> filesystem on it without creating a cluster, and a service asociated to this
> GFS filesystem?

You should use one iscsi lun shared by both cluster nodes. You can mount a
GFS filesystem without locking (lock=nolock) with (correct me if I am wrong)
the node not being part of a cluster, but only in one node at a time.
You can mount a GFS filesystem created for a certain cluster  without having
the filesystem configured as a resource, the only requisite is that the
nodes mounting the filesystem have to be part of that certain cluster.

Regards,
Juanra