[Linux-cluster] gfs+nfs+lucene, anyone had tried?

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 15:00:53 UTC 2010

HI,

look at the error that happens when two nodes are writing to the index:

 java.io.IOException: Stale NFS file handle
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.writeBytes(Native Method)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.write(RandomAccessFile.java:466)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexOutput.flushBuffer(FSDirectory.java:503)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexOutput.flush(BufferedIndexOutput.java:84)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexOutput.close(BufferedIndexOutput.java:98)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexOutput.close(FSDirectory.java:506)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsWriter.close(FieldsWriter.java:48)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeFields(SegmentMerger.java:191)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:88)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:709)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:686)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:543)

I think in this case one node has writen to the index and the other don´t.
Could it be a problem? does GFS anything with this situation?

Thanks,

ESG