[Linux-cluster] How do I get reiserfs and xfs filesystem options in system-config-cluster ?

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 07:50:24 UTC 2010

Greetings,

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM, jayesh.shinde
<jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in> wrote:
> Hi  Rajagopal
>
> I am not clear fully.  I will use RHEL 6 . I want some more clarification on
> below points
>
> 1) You mean to say I can't use XFS with cluster ?

XFS/reiserFS is not a cluster aware filesystem like GFS2 or OCFS or GPFS.

AFAIK, You cannot use it for multiple hosts concurrantly accessing the
filesystem

> OR there is no option for XFS with system-config-cluster ?

I do not have cluster in front of me to attempt answering that...

It can be used in the same sense as ext3/4.

> 2) If I edited the cluster.conf file manually for "xfs" will the cluster
> server work well ?
>
> 3) what is work around solution ?

You haven't defined your problem clearly enough.

[commercial-plug] available for a fee currently in Mumbai -- mail me
in private :)

Regards,

Rajagopal