[Linux-cluster] How do I get reiserfs and xfs filesystem options in system-config-cluster ?

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 07:58:03 UTC 2010

Hi :)

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 8:27 AM, jayesh.shinde
<jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in> wrote:
> Hi  Rajagopal
>
> I am not clear fully.  I will use RHEL 6 . I want some more clarification on
> below points
>
> 1) You mean to say I can't use XFS with cluster ?  OR there is no option for
> XFS with system-config-cluster ?

Depends on the type of cluster:
   - HA cluster: no problem as long as it's active/passive. That is:
one server mounts the FS and the other is on standby. If server 1
fails, it releases the FS and server2 mounts it.
   - shared/clustered filesystem: you'd have to go with CXFS (get in
touch with SGI). That is: both servers mount the filesystem at the
same time.

> 2) If I edited the cluster.conf file manually for "xfs" will the cluster
> server work well ?
>
> 3) what is work around solution ?
>
> Regards
> Jayesh Shinde
>
> On 12/22/2010 12:06 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:53 AM, jayesh.shinde
>> <jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello ,
>>>
>>> I am configuring redhat cluster suite with RHEL 5.4 , 32 bit architecture
>>> I have my one SAN partition with reiserfs and xfs  filesystem.
>>
>> To the best of my knowledge, XFS support has just started on RHEL6.
>>
>> I am not sure that ReiserFS was ever supported by Redhat.
>>
>> If you are trying to use those filesystems in the cluster, I don't
>> think they are cluster aware.
>>
>> YMMV.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajagopal