[Linux-cluster] clusvcadm -M for VM inside service container

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Tue Jan 12 15:14:14 UTC 2010

Okay, I should have tested myself before asking.

It is as suspected below:
A <vm> defined inside a <service> definition can not be migrated live.
It can be relocated, but that implies stopping and starting.
A <vm> defined "on it's own" can be migrated live (that is using
clusvcadm -M).

I would have preferred to bundle up several vms to an entity that can be
started, stopped and live migrated as one. That seems to be impossible,
then.

Is that correct or do I overlook something?

Dirk