[Linux-cluster] fence_ilo

King, Adam adam.king at intechnology.com
Thu Jan 21 13:25:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a 2 node cluster (xen1 and xen2) running on dl380 G3's. There are
2 virtual machines running on these. From first node from the shell
command line I can fence the 2nd  node through the hp lights out port
using /sbin/fence_ilo -a 192.168.1.53 -l aking -p password -v. I can
also do the same from the second node and successfully fence the first
node. When I fence the node that has control of one or more virtual
machines they are migrated to the other node.

If I fence a node in Luci this works too.

However, if I have a node running one or more virtual machines and run
/sbin/reboot -f on that node, in /var/log/messages in the other node I
get messages such as

xen1 fenced[3126]: agent "fence_ilo" reports: Unable to connect/login to
fencing device

xen1 fenced[3126]: fence "192.168.50.116" failed

Can anyone advise why this is happening?

Cheers

Adam

Adam King
Systems Administrator
adam.king at intechnology.com

InTechnology plc
Support 0845 120 7070
Telephone 01423 850000
Facsimile 01423 858866
www.intechnology.com

InTechnology provides industry leading network, hosting, data
and IP telephony services to over 800 UK businesses.

* Over 25 years in business employing 220 employees in the UK
* Annual turnover of ?50m, profitable and financially secure
* InTechnology manages over 14,000 managed network circuits
* InTechnology manages over 5PB (over 5.2 million GB) of customer data
* InTechnology hosts more than 16,000 IP telephony seats
* InTechnology operates four managed data centres - 50,000 sq ft capacity

This is an email from InTechnology plc, Central House, Beckwith Knowle, Harrogate, UK, HG3 1UG.
Registered in England 3916586.

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. If you have received this message in error, you may not use,
disclose, copy or distribute its content in any way. Please notify the sender immediately. All messages are scanned for all viruses.