[Linux-cluster] fence_ilo

Brett Cave brettcave at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:28:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:25 PM, King, Adam <adam.king at intechnology.com>wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> I have a 2 node cluster (xen1 and xen2) running on dl380 G3’s. There are 2
> virtual machines running on these. From first node from the shell command
> line I can fence the 2nd  node through the hp lights out port using
> /sbin/fence_ilo –a 192.168.1.53 –l aking –p password –v. I can also do the
> same from the second node and successfully fence the first node. When I
> fence the node that has control of one or more virtual machines they are
> migrated to the other node.

I had some issues with the default fence_ilo, found a nice fence_fast_ilo
fencing script in an rpm: comoonics-bootimage-fenceclient. This seems to
work much better.

>  If I fence a node in Luci this works too.
>
> However, if I have a node running one or more virtual machines and run
> /sbin/reboot –f on that node, in /var/log/messages in the other node I get
> messages such as
>
> xen1 fenced[3126]: agent "fence_ilo" reports: Unable to connect/login to
> fencing device
>
> xen1 fenced[3126]: fence "192.168.50.116" failed

assuming that 192.168.1.53 is the 2nd server's ilo address and
192.168.50.116 is the 1st servers ilo address?

Can anyone advise why this is happening?