[Linux-cluster] Queries on RHCS command line tools

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Mon Jan 25 08:03:26 UTC 2010

On Monday 25 January 2010 06:59:34 Chirag wrote:
> Hi
> I am using Redhat cluster suite. I am trying to configure cluster on linux
>  using command line tools. I have following queries. Please answer them as
>  early as possible. I have gone through man pages of ccs_tool, cman_tool,
>  clusvcadm etc. commands but I could not find anwers of following
>  questions. 1. Can I add node in cluster without adding fence device using
>  command line tool? If yes then how?2. I want to add failover domain in
>  cluster. How can I add it using command line tool?3. I want to add
>  resources in cluster. How can I add it using command line tool?

>  4. I want
>  to define services in cluster. How can I define them using command line
>  tool?

My two cents :

When I want to add a service, I use (programmaticaly) ed or vi to add the new
service and increase the version number in the cluster.conf file, then reread
it with "ccs_tool update ...".

--
Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95