[Linux-cluster] Startup delay for VMs in a cluster

Thomas Sjolshagen thomas at sjolshagen.net
Fri Jan 29 15:01:08 UTC 2010

Keep in mind that the sevice (vm) is considered "up" the moment the
guest starts, ie not booted, so the delay would be minimal.

A more thorough approach to ordering guest start-up and delaying it
(either until some in-guest service is available and/or some time
interval after the previous guest has started would probably require
using your own script and the <script> resource. However, I think that
would mean that you also would need to roll your own solution relative
to live migration, etc since I believe rgmanager only supports live
migration of KVM guests as <vm> resources..?

// Thomas