[Linux-cluster] Postgres-cluster with shared storage.

Arun Kp arunkp1987 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:56:29 UTC 2010

Dear ALL,

We have tried postgresql High availability cluster using Redhat Cluster Suit
and successfully completed.But we are facing small issue that is,

When the cluster try to relocate (Stopping in the Active node and starting
in the Passive node) the Postgresql service  works fine if there is no
client connection .But when one client is connected it will take 5 minutes
for relocating.Here we have given 5 minutes as shutdown wait time in
cluster.Some times relocating getting failed due to stopping of postgresql
server taking too much time
We have given the following options for postgresql in the cluster

Name :DB-igvtdc
Configdir:/Storage   where our data directory resides(In SAN).
Postmaster options : -p 5433 -h 172.31.1.20 -m
shutdown wait time :300 s

So kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you
Regards
Arun K P
HCL Infosystems Ltd