[Linux-cluster] RedHat RHEL 5U4 NFS Cluster nodes randomly reboot

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 14:35:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 09:22 -0500, Randy Zagar wrote:
> Yes.  My experience is that you can't currently nfs-export *any* GFS or
> GFS2 filesystems.

You can, but there are only a fairly small number of configurations
which will actually work from the larger number of possible
configurations. We do hope to expand that a bit in the future, but for
the time being its best to stick to a active/passive failover export
which is not mixed with any other protocol (Samba) or any local
applications.

> Exporting EXT3/EXT4 filesystems, however, doesn't appear to be a problem.
>
> -Randy Zagar <zagar at arlut.utexas.edu>
>
> On 06/28/2010 05:22 PM, linux-cluster-request at redhat.com wrote:
> > From: Bennie Thomas<Bennie_R_Thomas at raytheon.com>
> > Subject: [Linux-cluster] RedHat RHEL 5U4 NFS Cluster nodes randomly
> > 	reboot
> >
> > I currently have 2 DL380 G6 with and HP MSA2312 disk array. Running
> > Redhat 5u4 64bit.  I have a quorum disk.  I use the Cluster as an
> > Active/passive NFS Cluster
> > The problem I am having is one or both of the nodes will randomly
> > reboot. Has anyone experienced this problem

Is the node being fenced? This might be down to excessive network
traffic blocking the cluster traffic and making it appear as if the node
is down when it isn't, or something similar to that. Do you get any log
messages?

Steve.