[Linux-cluster] cluster.conf arguments sent to fence agents

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Mar 2 04:40:50 UTC 2010

>   I've built a new fence device and am now trying to sort out how and
>what arguments CMAN (?) sends to the fence agent. Is there a document
>explaining this interaction?
>
>   From looking at other fence agents, it seems like CMAN sends either a
>series of single-dashed arguments followed by their values or a list of
>arguments, one argument per new line. What I don't know is how CMAN
>interprets the arguments in the <fence>...</fence> statement to
>arguments sent to the actual fence agent.
>
>Thanks for any help!

Funny, I am hammering away on this now trying to write a Perl fence_ifmib
replacement:)

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI

I also made a fencing agent that simply takes stdin and write it to a file
to make sure I know what's being passed.

It will push through whatever you put in there!

jlc